TWO , 2 , 二 ,美国日常生活里的“贰”!

以下是美国日常生活中含有 "two" 的常用短语、网络语:


1. Two cents

  • 含义:表示意见或建议,通常带有谦逊或自嘲的语气,类似于“我的拙见”。
  • 例句
    • "Can I add my two cents on this topic?"
      “我能就这个话题提一下我的拙见吗?”
    • "That’s just my two cents—you can take it or leave it."
      “这只是我的个人看法,你随便参考就好。”

2. Two-faced

  • 含义:形容一个人虚伪或表里不一。
  • 例句
    • "I can’t trust her anymore. She’s so two-faced!"
      “我再也不能信任她了,她太虚伪了!”
    • "He acts nice to your face but talks behind your back. Total two-faced behavior."
      “他当面对你很好,但背后说坏话,简直就是双面人。”

3. Two peas in a pod

  • 含义:形容两个人非常相似或关系非常亲密,类似于“形影不离”。
  • 例句
    • "They’re like two peas in a pod. You never see one without the other."
      “他们就像豌豆荚里的两颗豆,总是在一起。”
    • "The twins are two peas in a pod—same personality, same habits."
      “这对双胞胎简直一模一样,性格和习惯都相同。”

4. It takes two to tango

  • 含义:指一件事需要两个人共同努力,通常用在指责双方都有责任。
  • 例句
    • "You can’t blame him alone. It takes two to tango."
      “你不能只怪他,这事两个人都有责任。”
    • "In a relationship, it takes two to tango."
      “在一段关系中,双方都需要共同努力。”

5. In two shakes

  • 含义:非常快,类似于“很快就好”。
  • 例句
    • "I’ll be there in two shakes. Just wait for me!"
      “我很快就到,等我一下!”
    • "Dinner will be ready in two shakes."
      “晚饭很快就好。”

6. Two's company, three's a crowd

  • 含义:两个人在一起很合适,第三个人会让人感到不自在。
  • 例句
    • "We didn’t want to interrupt their date—two’s company, three’s a crowd."
      “我们不想打扰他们的约会,两个人最合适,第三个人会显得多余。”
    • "I left early because I felt like a third wheel. You know, two’s company."
      “我早早就走了,因为我感觉自己多余了,你懂的,两个人最合适。”

7. Kill two birds with one stone

  • 含义:一举两得。
  • 例句
    • "If we drive to the mall, we can visit the bank too. It’s like killing two birds with one stone."
      “如果我们开车去商场,还可以顺便去银行,这就是一举两得。”
    • "Working out in the park kills two birds with one stone: exercise and fresh air."
      “在公园锻炼是一举两得:既锻炼身体又呼吸新鲜空气。”

8. Two left feet

  • 含义:形容人笨拙,尤其是在跳舞或运动方面。
  • 例句
    • "I’d love to join the dance, but I have two left feet!"
      “我很想加入跳舞,但我太笨拙了!”
    • "He tried to play soccer, but he’s got two left feet."
      “他试着踢足球,但他实在太笨了。”

9. Between two worlds

  • 含义:形容在两个不同的选择、文化或身份之间徘徊。
  • 例句
    • "As a first-generation immigrant, I often feel caught between two worlds."
      “作为第一代移民,我常常觉得自己徘徊在两个世界之间。”
    • "The character in the novel lives between two worlds: his past and his present."
      “小说中的角色生活在两个世界之间:他的过去和现在。”

10. Two wrongs don’t make a right

  • 含义:两个错误无法弥补一个正确。
  • 例句
    • "You can’t cheat just because they cheated first. Two wrongs don’t make a right."
      “你不能因为他们先作弊就跟着作弊,两个错误无法成就一个正确。”
    • "Revenge won’t solve anything. Remember, two wrongs don’t make a right."
      “复仇不会解决任何问题,记住,两个错误不能成就一个对的结果。”

11. Caught between two stools

  • 含义:指在两种选择之间犹豫不决,最终两头落空。
  • 例句
    • "He was caught between two stools, unable to choose a career or family."
      “他在事业和家庭之间犹豫不决,结果两头都没抓住。”
    • "Trying to please everyone left her caught between two stools."
      “试图取悦所有人让她两头落空。”

12. Put two and two together

  • 含义:通过线索或信息得出结论,类似于“推理”。
  • 例句
    • "When I saw her leave with him, I put two and two together."
      “当我看到她和他一起离开时,我就推测出他们在一起了。”
    • "It doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together in this situation."
      “在这种情况下,这点事不用天才也能看出来。”

13. Two thumbs up

  • 含义:形容对某事非常满意或认可。
  • 例句
    • "That movie was amazing! Two thumbs up!"
      “那部电影太棒了!双手点赞!”
    • "The food here gets two thumbs up from me."
      “这里的食物我给双手点赞。”

14. Two-timer

  • 含义:指同时和两个人约会或欺骗的人。
  • 例句
    • "I found out he’s a two-timer—dating me and someone else at the same time."
      “我发现他是个脚踏两条船的人,同时和我和另一个人约会。”
    • "Nobody likes a two-timer. Just be honest."
      “没人喜欢脚踏两条船的人,诚实一点吧。”

这些短语在美国英语中非常常见,既适合日常对话,也能帮助理解文化和语境!

—————————————————————————————————————————


1. Two-time (someone)

  • 含义:欺骗或背叛某人(通常指感情上脚踏两条船)。
  • 例句
    • "I can’t believe he two-timed her. That’s so shady."
      “我不敢相信他居然劈腿了,这真是太恶心了。”
    • "Don’t even think about two-timing me. I’ll find out."
      “别想着脚踏两条船,我会发现的。”

2. Two-bit

  • 含义:廉价的、不值钱的、劣质的。
  • 例句
    • "That’s just a two-bit excuse. You can do better than that."
      “那只是个蹩脚的借口,你应该能找个更好的理由吧。”
    • "I’m tired of dealing with this two-bit operation."
      “我受够了这种不入流的小作坊了。”

3. Two seconds away

  • 含义:表示某人即将生气或崩溃,非常接近爆发。
  • 例句
    • "I’m two seconds away from losing my mind with all this noise."
      “我快要被这些噪音逼疯了。”
    • "He was two seconds away from punching that guy."
      “他差点就揍了那个人。”

4. Two-step

  • 含义:可以指一种舞蹈(尤其是乡村音乐的“两步舞”),也可以俚语化地表示某人“绕圈子”或“推脱责任”。
  • 例句
    • "Quit doing the two-step and just tell me the truth."
      “别绕圈子了,直接告诉我真相。”
    • "We had a blast learning the Texas two-step last night."
      “昨晚学德州两步舞真是太开心了。”

5. Two sheets to the wind

  • 含义:喝醉了(程度较深)。
  • 例句
    • "By the time the party ended, he was two sheets to the wind."
      “派对结束时,他已经喝得酩酊大醉了。”
    • "Don’t drive if you’re two sheets to the wind!"
      “如果你喝醉了就别开车!”

6. Two cents worth

  • 含义:表达一个人的观点或意见(带有非正式的自谦语气)。
  • 例句
    • "Here’s my two cents worth: don’t trust him."
      “我的建议是:别信他。”
    • "Nobody asked for your two cents, but okay."
      “没人问你意见,不过好吧。”

7. Two-faced snake

  • 含义:形容一个人非常虚伪或表里不一,类似于“两面派”。
  • 例句
    • "Don’t trust her—she’s a two-faced snake."
      “别信她,她就是个双面派。”
    • "He acted like my friend, but he’s just a two-faced snake."
      “他表面上像我朋友,其实就是个伪君子。”

8. Two-piece

  • 含义:通常指拳击中的“一拳接一拳”或快餐里“两块炸鸡”。
  • 例句
    • "You keep talking, and you’re gonna catch a two-piece."
      “你再继续说,小心我揍你两拳。”
    • "I’ll have a two-piece meal with fries, please."
      “我要一份两块炸鸡套餐,加薯条。”

9. Two-timer

  • 含义:同时与两个人约会或欺骗两方的人,含贬义。
  • 例句
    • "He’s such a two-timer, always playing girls against each other."
      “他就是个脚踏两条船的人,总是玩弄女生感情。”
    • "Nobody likes a two-timer in this neighborhood."
      “在这个圈子里没人喜欢脚踏两条船的人。”

10. Two-tone

  • 含义:形容某物有两种颜色或风格,也用于形容某人个性“多面”。
  • 例句
    • "Check out my new two-tone car paint—it’s so sleek!"
      “看看我的新双色车漆,真是酷毙了!”
    • "His personality is two-tone; you never know what you’re gonna get."
      “他的性格很双面,你永远不知道他会怎么表现。”

11. Two thumbs down

  • 含义:表示对某事物的强烈不喜欢或不认可(与“two thumbs up”相反)。
  • 例句
    • "That movie was terrible—two thumbs down."
      “那电影太糟糕了,双手反对。”
    • "I’d give this restaurant two thumbs down for its service."
      “这家餐厅的服务我给双手差评。”

12. Two for one

  • 含义:指促销活动“买一送一”,也可以暗指某人做了“双倍”的好事或坏事。
  • 例句
    • "Let’s hit the bar! They’ve got two-for-one drinks tonight."
      “去酒吧吧!今晚有买一送一的饮品促销。”
    • "She’s always looking for a two-for-one deal at the mall."
      “她总是在商场找买一送一的优惠。”

13. Two steps ahead

  • 含义:形容某人思维或行动“领先一步”,更聪明或更快。
  • 例句
    • "She’s always two steps ahead in her career planning."
      “她在职业规划上总是比别人快一步。”
    • "If you want to win, you’ve got to think two steps ahead of your opponent."
      “如果你想赢,就得比对手多想两步。”

14. Two-finger salute

  • 含义:一种街头用语,指某人以不友好的手势表达不满(如“竖中指”)。
  • 例句
    • "The guy cut me off in traffic, so I gave him a two-finger salute."
      “那人开车插队,我就给了他个手势(竖中指)。”
    • "Don’t get mad. Just give him a two-finger salute and move on."
      “别生气,给他一个手势,然后继续走你的路。”

这些俚语在街头或非正式场景中较为常见,充满地方特色和幽默感.



留言